We think live-streaming events is one of the best things to come out of the web. It’s great to be working or watching TV and to have a live-stream of an event running. You’re up-to-date following the event, often from the other side of the world. Wouldn’t it be just AWESOME to have something like that on your WordPress website? You could live-blog an event, like the launch of the new iPhone! Or your panel at SXSW! Or your child’s birthday party…
Well, now you can. The industrious frogs down here, have coded up our first offered-to-the-public WordPress plugin, and it’s called WP Live Stream.
The WP Live Stream plugin provides a widget for posting updates into a Twitter-like stream on your WordPress website. It allows you to keep the updates separate from your blog content, and your Twitter timeline un-cluttered.
It’s dead simple to use, and we’ve made it highly configurable. It even has automagical real-time refresh. You post an update, and people following the event on your blog see the update refresh automatically. We’ve even built in support for short codes with configuration settings, so that you can place the widget on a WordPress page if you prefer.
Here’s a listing of the awesome features that we’ve built in to WP Live Stream:
- Twitter Notification – Connect your Twitter account to WP Live Stream and send a tweet out with a link to your live stream when you start live blogging.
- Clear & Archive – Clear your database of previous tweets or archive them.
- Widgetized – Place your Live Stream anywhere on your blog that is widget-ready.
- Shortcodes – Configure WP Live Stream on a dedicated page on your website.
- Customize – Choose font colours, widths, background colours, update colours and much more.
And the BEST news? This plugin is free for everyone! Since it’s released under the GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog.
Go. Get the plugin, and Live Stream something!